SUZUKI OIL FILTER ADAPTOR INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
- crescent wrench
- 7/8" wrench
- pipe wrench or optional extractor
- thread locker, use Loctite High Strength (red) or equivalent
STEP 1: REMOVE EXISTING FILTER
- Remove the filter in the ordinary manner, being careful to catch excess oil.
STEP 2: REMOVE OLD OIL FILTER ADAPTOR
- Unscrew the old oil filter adaptor with the pipe wrench or extractor. This is a right hand thread so be sure to rotate counterclockwise.
- You will feel the threads suddenly “break” loose as they have thread locker applied.
- If you wish to preserve the external threads, wrap a small piece of leather around the adaptor before applying the wrench. It will be difficult to remove the adaptor without damaging the external threads. Use of the special extractor will prevent all thread damage.
STEP 3: CLEAN THE INTERNAL THREADS
- With a shop rag, remove all excess debris and thread locker from the internal threads.
- Take care not to drop debris into the engine.
- Cleaner threads will help the new adaptor hold fast.
STEP 4: APPLY THREADLOCKER TO THE REPLACEMENT ADAPTOR
- Apply thread locker to the short end of adaptor.
- DO NOT use Teflon tape as a replacement for thread locker.
STEP 5: INSTALL THE NEW ADAPTOR INTO THE ENGINE
- Start the new adaptor, short end first with your fingers.
- Hand tighten and finish off with the 7/8” wrench to approximately 240 in-lbs. DO NOT over tighten.
STEP 6: INSTALL THE REPLACEMENT FILTER
- INSTALL WALMART #ST7317 OR KRAGEN PUROLATOR #PL 14610.
- Be sure there is ample room for the replacement filter to clear your exhaust pipe. Replacement can be 1 inch longer than there OEM counterpart.